Production Internship – Spring 2023
This internship is a great opportunity to gain experience working with members of the community on media related projects. The focus of the internship will be on facilitating access to the media resources at CMAC in an effort to help members share their stories.
Production Internship Details
Selected interns will work with CMAC staff with various operational tasks, including but not limited to:
- Assist the Production Team with live broadcasts, multi-camera productions, and other productions as needed
- Create videos and podcasts with CMAC staff, including pre-production (planning, writing, and scheduling), production (filming, lighting, and recording audio) & post-production (data management, editing, graphics, and sound mixing)
- Help host CMAC online workshops
- Help check out and check in equipment to CMAC members
- Other media center-specific duties as needed
*Please note: All applicants must submit a portfolio of their work, preferably a resume reel.
All interns will be asked to complete CMAC workshops/training and produce a short PSA about the importance of community media as part of their internship.
This is a paid internship for the Spring 2023 semester. Eligible students must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program at Fresno State. Scheduling is flexible and may require weekend availability.
All interns should be knowledgeable of the following:
- Video production experience
- Knowledge of editing programs, such as Adobe Premiere Pro or Final Cut
- Customer service/relations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Public speaking (for facility tours)
- Ability to work alone and on a team
- Problem-solving skills
- Basic office skills, including computer, internet, and copy machine
How to Apply
Please complete this Google Form and email your resume, cover letter, and link to your work (if applicable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: Your application is not complete unless you complete both steps listed above.
Applications are due by Friday, January 13, 2023 at midnight.
Community Media Access Collaborative (CMAC) is a membership-based, 501c3 non-profit organization created to help citizens, schools, non-profits, public agencies and others better connect with our community through the use of media.
CMAC’s mission is to empower voices in the community to promote awareness, understanding, dialogue and civic engagement by providing media resources, access to training, and broadening media literacy.
Our Community Media Center is located on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the historic Fresno Bee building in downtown Fresno and opened on April 13, 2012. The media center offers a full range of production tools and training at low cost to community users. The facility includes classrooms, meeting rooms, editing suites, a computer lab, TV studio, and podcasting studio. CMAC also operates three television channels on Comcast and AT&T U-verse, and streaming on Roku, Apple TV, and cmac.tv. These platforms are available for community producers to distribute the video and audio programming they create.