Congratulations to Rigoberto Moran and Mario Landeros for their Hometown Media Awards national wins!
The Hometown Media Awards, put on by the Alliance for Community Media, recognizes excellence in community-produced media content from across the country. With nearly 1,000 entries submitted, we are so proud of our community producers for their hard work! Please join us in congratulating Rigoberto Moran for their documentary titled “Little Big Gym” and Mario Landeros for their animation piece titled “Beasts In The Orange Clouds.”
This announcement follows the annual Western Access Video Excellence (WAVE) Awards, hosted by The Alliance for Community Media Western Region, in April 2022 where CMAC’s amazing community producers brought home 12 awards, including the Best in Show. Among the winners are two The Big Tell Film Contest finalists and two participants of the 2021 CMAC Youth Voices Program.
Congratulations to our wonderful community producers!
Hometown Media Awards Winners:
- Little Big Gym – Rigoberto Moran, CMAC Fresno/Clovis (Category: Documentary Biography, Division: Independent Producer)
- Beasts In The Orange Clouds – Mario Landeros, El Diamante High School, CMAC Fresno/Clovis (Category: Mixed and Transmedia, Division: Student)
Western Access Video Excellence (WAVE) Awards Winners:
- Contemporary Education Barriers in Fresno’s Concentrated Poverty, by Eunice Choi (Education Access, Youth)
- Field Workers, by Oscar Ledezma (Underserved Voices, Youth)
- Immigration in the US, by Jennifer Garcia-Villa (Community Issues, Youth)
- Incursion, by Kai Willey and Noah Lillywhite, El Diamante High (Narrative Short, Youth)
- Buchanan News Network, by Buchanan High School (News Programming, Youth)
- Beasts in the Orange Clouds, by Mario Landeros (Experimental, Youth)
- The Steam, by Matthew Mealer (Documentary and Best in Show, Community Producer)
- Love in Anxiety, by Jason Duong (Community Issues, Community Producer)
- Fresno State Focus, by Fresno State MCJ (News Programming, Community Producer)
- Fresno State Esports, by CMAC Staff (Sports Coverage, Professional)
- Media Literacy: Creator Roles, by CMAC Staff (Education Access, Professional)