While we’re staying at home, it can be hard to find things to pass the time. So we’ve put together a small list of (mostly) free things you can do at home to help you stay busy.
Enhance your video production skills:
- If you have a Fresno County Public Library card, you can get Lynda.com for free, which has lots of great tutorials on video/audio production and other topics.
- Check out these free cinematography and lighting workshops
- YouTube also has great tutorials and gear demos, like Surfaced Studio, Film Riot, and Gerald Undone
- Learn how to edit on an iPad using LumaFusion
- Check out what’s new at Adobe
- Learn how to mic a drumset
- Make a podcast following these easy steps from NPR
- Learn After Effects basics with these videos from Video Copilot
- Take a free graphic design course with HubSpot
Learn something new:
Take a tour:
- Tour famous theaters from around the world
- Explore our National Parks
- Swim with the jelly fish (virtually, of course) at the Monterey Bay Aquarium
- Watch a documentary on Fresno’s historic Warnors Theatre
- Watch an opera
- Catch a live show
- If you have a library card, Fresno County Public Libraries also have a ton of resources to keep you entertained while at home.