The 2021 WAVE Awards ceremony streamed this past Friday and we would like to highlight our community producers who worked hard to turn their ideas into video content! Every year hundreds of videos throughout the west region are submitted under various categories and reviewed. The top videos in each category win the WAVE Awards.
Congratulations to our 2021 WAVE Awards winners!
- Best in Show & Educational: What is Media Literacy? by CMAC Staff
What is Media Literacy and why is it important? Natalie breaks down how media is all around us (seriously) and how to navigate the world of media we live in.
- Documentary: Fresno: A Home for All by Raymart Catacutan, Melissa Andrade
A documentary about resources for local homeless. Produced by Raymart Catacutan and Melissa Andrade in partnership with the CMAC Youth Voices program.
- Experimental: Stupid Deep by Minarets High School
- Government: 100 Years of Suffrage by Orlando Gomez, League of Women Voters
2020 marks the 100th anniversary of national women’s suffrage. Learn about the women behind the movement in Fresno, and how local women today are honoring the sacrafices of the past.
- Magazine Show: The Munro Review by Donald Munro, CMAC Member Crew
Donald Munro shares his favorite events from across the Central Valley and interviews artists on their craft.
- News Coverage: Buchanan News Network by Buchanan High School
Buchanan High School’s ‘BNN Newscast’ providing the latest school news, reports and sketches. Produced by students.
- News Coverage: Fresno State Focus by Fresno State MCJ 128 Class
Fresno State Focus is a weekly news magazine program produced by broadcast journalism students on the campus of Fresno State.
- Sports Coverage: CMAC High School Football by Hoover High School
High School Varsity Football: Hoover vs Roosevelt, Oct 10, 2019.
- Underserved Voices: Story Queens by Haley White
Drag Story Time in Fresno is part of a national movement to promote love, acceptance, fun, and reading for children and adults alike.
- Underserved Voices: Tolteca: A Story of Success by Ruben Diaz, Gabby Rivas
A documentary about Aaron Ordaz, an immigrant and owner of Candies Tolteca. Produced by Ruben Diaz, Gabby Rivas, Mark Pizana in partnership with the CMAC Youth Voices program.